|Posted on 27 May, 2016 at 7:25|
Whenever you are feeling overwhelmed and doing more is not helping, you are probably stressed, you would need to take a step back putting things to perspective!
Understand Stress, when however much you out-do yourself things and assume everything would be just fine, instead of getting better the status-quo remains and things are not becoming easier; know that you are uphill; a constant running the ground in such an environment only aggravates you. A few techniques that you could bank upon to release the stress out of yourself making you even-keeled, which I have personally understood and experimented with, insofar:
# You lose your sense of self - find a way back to comfort feel of you; a few of those I recollect here as examples to:
(1) Be in your skin, when you look around, if your body temperature or the surrounding feels too hot, ensure you drink loads of water, keeping yourself hydrated
(2) Go out and breathe-in some fresh air / nature
(3) If unable to go out, wash face & hands (if possible, legs too) with cold water, nature again!
These simple acts reduces nervousness and get things to balance putting in charge over circumstances and perspectives
Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better -- Albert Einstein
# Idea of You, life as you know it is changed / lost! (is identifiable - when you start to question status-quo in your mind) Most you could do in this situation to bring back the balance of outside perspective to inner understanding, things to do:
(1) Go to a place, where you are not disturbed and you could give yourself some ‘me time’
(2) When in the ‘me time’ ensure not to think about the challenges you have but just the environment and you
(3) Better still, indulge in your hobby/favorite pass-time ( NO TV, though ) spending atleast 10 minutes in the activity (put a timer, if time-crunched)
(4) If unable to take the matter out of your head, another activity you could do is, write down that is bothering / exhausting you!
(5) Draw out characters or doodle or sketch it (art works as I do it, when unable to write!)
Being with yourself gets semblance to your perspective!
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders -- Chuang Tzu
When you change your environment, you leave the place of ambiguity and allow clarity to come in; getting you a handle on your circumstances and especially, your perspectives which is the essential base idea of you (and your world, in your mind)!